This week im going all broons and oor wullie on jings crivvens help ma boab go is holy jings that does not work at all help ma boab on . Is the scottish term help ma boab really from the comic strip oor wullie or is the expression well jings crivens and help ma boab is used as an expression . Key quote it is important not to read too much into the personal preferences of the writer of oor wullie but i suspect that fewer and fewer people are using expressions such as help ma boabquot derek britton director of the institute for historical dialectology in edinburgh. In this hilarious guide oor wullie scotlands tousle haired wee laddie introduces hunners of his favourite words and phrases
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.